- Capitol Park Museum Celebrates JuneteenthAlso known as Freedom day, Juneteenth is a celebration of the emancipation of those who have been enslaved in the United States. Capitol Park Museum in partnership with the Baton Rouge African American Museum will host live music, poetry, with […]
- Smithsonian Traveling Exhibition Exploring “The Green Book” Coming to Capitol Park MuseumLieutenant Governor Billy Nungesser and the Louisiana State Museum are proud to announce the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service’s (SITES) exhibition “The Negro Motorist Green Book” will be on display at the Capitol Park Museum in Baton Rouge from August 21 […]
- Third Thursday Free AdmissionEnjoy FREE ADMISSION to Capitol Park Museum every third Thursday of the month, thanks to the Friends of the Capitol Park Museum! Bring the family to experience larger-than-life Louisiana history, including a 48-foot wooden shrimp trawler, Pete Fountain’s clarinet, and a rare Civil […]
- Capitol park museum celebrates its 15th anniversary!The Capitol Park Museum celebrated its 15th Anniversary on February 1st. Thank you for your support and patronage over these 15 years! We look forward to sharing updated exhibits and new types of programming with you during this anniversary year.
- Friends of the Capitol Park Museum + 225 GivesEarly giving for this year’s 225 Gives campaign starts Nov. 24, and we’re inviting YOU to become a Friend of the Capitol Park Museum this #GivingTuesday.As the premier historical museum in Baton Rouge, the Capitol Park Museum offers a comprehensive […]